Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shots


Yesterday I took Preston and Kelci to the doctor for their check-ups. They both needed shots; lots of shots:( Preston needed four and Kelci needed three. I do not do good with needles anyway, and especially not when they are going into my precious little ones.

I am a firm believer in telling my children what to expect, so I had prepared Preston for the pain, but told him I would hold his hand. I told him that Kelci needed shots too and that he needed to be brave so she would do okay. He was so tough and proud to be a good example to Kelci. The last shot really hurt and I could tell he wanted to cry, but he just gritted his teeth and blinked his eyes quickly.

I could not help but feel so privileged to be a witness to this little moment. I was so pleased and inspired by my sons desire to be a good example for his little sister-even when it hurt really badly. I remembered that movie I have seen in church and seminary of the brother who was asked to give blood to his sister and he said he would. After giving the blood he asked when he would die-that is when I cry every time. Children are so pure and innocent and love unconditionally. I am so blessed to have three such creatures in my home.

No comments: