Thursday, September 25, 2008

How Things Change

Well, it has been a week since I posted anything. Things have changed so much in the last week that I was a little depressed to get back on here after my last post. So here is the deal.

Nate thought he had a job-everything was looking good with that. Then midday on Thursday, the same day I posted last, he finds out that they reworked the schedule and decided to hold off on new hires for a while. He was so bummed he called me in class and was devastated.

All day on Friday we drove around Springerville and Show Low putting in applications and dropping off resumes to anyone who was hiring. Nate has put in so many applications in the last couple of months, but nothing seems to be coming through. Sometimes I feel like we are supposed to be doing something different, not focusing on school, but I feel like that would be the easy way out. Nate only has about a year left and we have come to far to stop now.

To top it off though, Nate's student loan made it back to the school and was sent in the mail from Prescott on the 16th, but still has not shown up in our box yet. I really feel like we are up against a wall with some of these things going on. The money was supposed to have been here five weeks ago. What a mess!

Finally relief came. Yesterday we got a phone call seeing if Nate would be interested in working immediately at the middle school as a food service worker part time. He said absolutely! He went to work this morning and will work everyday until something full time comes along. We were so desperate we don't even know what his wage is yet.

We also got a call from his school telling us that the mail keeps getting sent back. That is where the money is apparently. At least now we know. The icing on the good news cake was a letter from my school telling me that a five hundred dollar scholarship had been sent out to me and I would be receiving it shortly. That could not have come at a better time.

It seems like once you are at rock bottom things seem to come together again. It reminds me of something I heard not too long ago. Something like, when there is no one else to turn to Heavenly Father is waiting for us. I know that I will be taken care of if I do what I need to do, but I learn this lesson over and over still.

Anyway, I am still thankful for my blessings and am so glad that things are looking up for a while.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've decided there is a reason Heavenly Father doesn't always let us make our own decisions. He makes it hard and makes us wait till the last minute to test us. There are many people I know right now struggling, and its not because they haven't done their part. Heavenly is humbling us and telling us that He is in charge and He truly knows what is best. Just keep doing the little things He's asked and He will guide you. You are such a good example to me Terra. Thank you for your friendship.