Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How Blessed I Am!


Well, I just have to say that I am so blessed! It was looking like we were going to have to rent out our home and move to Show Low or surrounding areas to make ends meet. Nathan had applied at several places and even had some interviews, but nothing was happening. His student loan was sent back and I was beginning to feel like getting an education was not worth it. We showed our home and put posters up advertising it (just on Monday actually) and then things started happening.

Nathan got a phone call for a job out at TEP as security that will allow us to keep our home and stay in Saint Johns. His student loan will be here this week also. My dad had given Nathan a couple of jobs to help and I went back to school too because I make money when I go. I found out that I got one scholarship and will probably be getting more. Not to mention that I will graduate in May with my associates. I am really excited! I feel really lucky to have so many blessing in a short amount of time.

Tiffany and Justin have been a huge help and support during all this. They watch the kids so I can go to the classes that will allow me to graduate. We were excited when we thought that we may have to move up that way because we would be closer to them. Brekyn and Preston could even go to school together. We were a little bummed when we realized we did not need to move, but are very thankful for the blessing of being able to stay in our home.

Speaking of blessings, I just want to say that spending time with the Fellows and Wordens lately has been wonderful. My children love all their family as do I. It is truly a blessing to cultivate good memories with everyone. I love to see the excitement in their eyes when I tell them we will be seeing family today. I love to watch them play with their cousins and I love to spend time with my nieces and nephews too.

My heart is so full and I just wanted to share my feelings. My testimony has been tried and strengthened by my life the last few months. Looking back now, I feel so blessed and realize that I need to have more faith in things unseen. I know this is not the end of my trials, but feel it is only appropriate to be thankful for the resolutions that have come recently.

One last note I would like to add is that my testimony of families has been strengthened through all of this as well. I am so blessed to have a husband who loves me and understands me (controlling and all) and to have three beautiful children with him. They truly are all I NEED in this life. I could live without my house or cars or TV, but if I had to live without anyone of them, I would really feel a void.

No comments: