Sunday, December 7, 2008

"You told me I could"


We were given a huge sheetcake the other day with green and orange frosting. Preston wanted a piece so badly. I told him he could have some after school. A long time after school I see him coming out of the bathroom. He tells me he just washed his hands-he was proud of himself. Then I wonder why he needed to wash his hands. Then I smell cake!

I went into the kitchen and found the cake-just like it is in the picture. I said, "Preston, what are you doing?!"' He says to me, "you told me I could have a piece after school." This was his piece! It was like a sixth of the cake! Before you ask-he did not get to eat the whole thing. We all shared it; Preston, me, Tracen and the dog.

P.S. I am still cleaning up green and orange frosting from various places in my home. Life is going to be boring after my kids leave home:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ToddNSass said...

What a cutie! Evan will hate me for this, but for his 3rd birthday he had a blue cake and for the next few days, he was having bright green poop from the die in the frosting. To this day he still asks if his poop is green every time he goes. What fun! Haha.

Katie said...

That sounds like Preston! Come to think of it, that sounds like Cooper! I love that he was totally obeying you and didn't have any until after school.

Tiffany said...

I love that kid!!!!

kh said...

That is hysterical! I love love love the minds of little people. And I LOVE the size of his piece he cut. (I also like all the other cut marks on the cake) all of this was too funny. You are right, our homes will be so boring once the entertainment leaves. Ha ha!

The Burtons said...

Holy cow that is so funny! When I was his age I would have wanted a piece exactly that big. Way to go Preston!

Lesli said...

Oh my, you are going to have to be VERY careful about how you word everything to that child! :o) He listens very carefully doesn't he? Silly kid...you gotta love him! Miss you guys!