Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Preston not so innocent

I saw the handsome picture my wife put on this site of Preston in his suit. I thought I would explain what happened after that photo was taken that day. Terra, Tracen and Kelci were sick that day, so Preston and I went to church alone.

Mind you, he has a button in his tie that when pushed it sings some Christmas song. He happened to struggle in his class, he has decided to be shy all of the sudden and so for the first time, I took him to my Elders quorum and I happened to be teaching the lesson. We were packed for that class. We had tons of visitors etc. Preston was horrible, he kept pushing that button on his tie, he kept laughing and moving around, talking.(funny how he is shy in his class but not with all the adults). Devin was trying to help me out by trying to control him. I found out after class that Preston actually bit Devin's finger, I was so upset. I couldn't hardly threaten Preston like I wanted to because of all the people. At one point I called him up and ripped the button out of his tie. Let's just say that it was the worst lesson I ever taught. I couldn't focus, I was embarrassed. It was horrible. He is generally a great kid, but he is definitely not as innocent anymore. He got punished real good when we got home. I don't think he will do that again.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That sounds very stressful. I can't ever predict my kids. No matter how much I plan for them to do what I expect, they just don't cooperate. i'm sure everyone there understood and I'm sure your lesson was better than you're yourself credit for. The elders probably just admired you for not losing it in the middle of your lesson.

Katie said...

I mean, "GIVING yourself credit for"

Love Lorri said...

He might not do that again, BUT he WILL find something else that will bug you! Trust me! So one time DAve was bouncing his basketball in the house (he says GOOD LEATHER ONE...hmmm) and I kept asking him to stop. Needless to say he didnt. After a while I yelled I would pop his ball if he didnt cut it out! He didnt believe me so I had to follow through-RIGHT? I grabbed a serrated knife, grabbed the ball and proceeded to SAW through it until it was flat! I felt stupid, he was upset and now I feel like I owe him a leather ball! Dont be too hard on yourself! SOmeday you will laugh!
Kisses to that boy!