Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving! While staying at my aunt's house I discovered my seven year old cousin, Mazie's journal. I came upon it while cleaning up and did not know what it was until I read the open page. At the top of the page was written, "How many time I said thank you today." Tally marks followed. It was so sweet that I had to show my aunt.

This was a great lesson to me to recognize my many blessings and the things that I am thankful for, and to remember to give thanks to my Heavenly Father for my blessings. I have a desire to write letters to the many people who have contributed to my life for the better. The problem is, I get a letter written and then add someone else and my list never gets any smaller.

I suppose that is a good thing, at least it means that I recognize others to be thankful for. I truly have many blessings in my life and the most important of those are people. I hope that I will remember my blessings more than my trials in the coming days. I love life, family and this beautiful holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

ToddNSass said...

There are so many things to be greatful for. Of course you can add me to your list. I am excited you found me!

Corri said...

Hi! Feel free to check out our blog...I'll tell Nathan you're on here, too. Oh and you have beautiful children!

The Burtons said...

Okay, that is SERIOUSLY the cutest thing EVER! What a great example! Kids never ceased to amaze me and leaving me inspired to be a better person. Tell the Cheney's hello from me next time you see them. I sure do miss it down there!

Deanne Wahl said...

Hey! I am so glad you found my blog. It will be great to keep in touch. Isn't it amazing how much we learn from the littler children. Your family pic at the top is so cute :)

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Hey Terra, I haven't seen you guys in so long. It is good to here from you! Sounds like your life is kind of crazy right now, but don't worry we are on the crazy train to! Hope things work out for you in St. Johns. I'm glad we can now keep in touch!
By the way I love the name Tracen!!