Saturday, November 15, 2008

Life in motion!

It has been really crazy lately in the life of the Tanner family. We have been everywhere lately. The kids are wondering why we have so many houses-inconsistency has been our only consistent thing lately. We still don't really know what our plan is.

We are currently living with my aunt and uncle in Apache Junction. Nathan has been substituting at a charter school here and I have been trying to help out as much as I can with household duties. I will be traveling back and forth to Show Low until my semester at NPC ends. Tiff and Justin have been so good to watch the kids and let us stay there when we need.

The bishop of our ward in AJ offered Nate a job with his company as an in-home care provider. It doesn't pay much, but has benefits. He is awaiting a call from the HR department now. In the meantime, he is keeping his resume active and is constantly trying to find work in the White Mountains.

I do have to admit that I feel like we are in the right place at the right time. My uncle is out of work at the moment so this is a fix for both families for the time being. My aunt and uncle are also really good at keeping the Spirit in their home and that is reflected in my childrens' behavior and my patience with them.

We really enjoy spending time with their family and are very appreciative of all they are doing for us during this difficult time in our life. My testimony has really been tried during these last couple of months. I love to think of President Monson's talk on the morning session of the Saturday conference that just passed. He said "Never let a problem to be solved be more important than a person to be loved." I think that is so perfect for my life right now. I also have been thinking about the quote the feed store in St. Johns has up occassionally that says "Faults are thick when love is thin."

Financial stress can be hard on a marriage, but I am trying to keep these things in mind. I want to take advantage of the time that we have as a family right now and make positive memories. You never know when the last day you spend together is going to be. I want to end my life knowing that I told my husband and children that I love them. Everything else does not matter.

I went to the temple last night and for the first time realized that Adam and Eve had strength unimaginable to us in today's society. Adam partook of the forbidden fruit to stay with his wife and fulfill the commandment that the Lord had given him to "multiply and replenish the earth." He stood by his wife's side after she went against the Lord's counsel. Marriage is and always has been a sacred covenant. I am blessed to only have financial struggles with my husband as our major issue and not something as serious as Adam was dealing with.

I have been thinking lately aobut the Depression and what the divorce rate was during this time. I am sure it was much lower than our rate now, even when the economy is booming. I guess that I am trying to say that my testimony about marriage has been strengthened. Financial stress is not an excuse to let your marriage fail. I know this and know that the Lord will bless my family if I exercise my faith in my Savior. I am thankful for all my many blessings and especially for my husband.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Im glad you feel finally like you are in the right place at the right time. I know how stressed you have been about this whole situation. Just hurry home, I dont want to miss the kids for too long. (ok and you guys too) We love and miss you guys.. Hope all works out for you and we cant wait to see you this week! Yeah!!! Love ya guys!!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

Terra, you are such a strong person and I love how you are always picking out quotes from conference talks. They are so meaningful. I'm glad to hear that things are going okay in Apache Junction. I hope it works out but I also hope that it is temporary. Hang in there.

Michelle and Javier said...

No Fair that you saw my dad! I haven't seen you guys in so long! :) Maybe someday I'll sneak out and come find you! :0