Sunday, November 9, 2008

My bakers dozen list of why I love my wife Terra. By Nathan Tanner

  1. She loves the Lord more than anything, including more than she loves me and I love that about her. The Lord should be everyone’s first love.
  2. She is always concerned about other people and their well-being, even those that she doesn’t know. She is truly a Good Samaritan.
  3. She wants to be the best mother and is. She is always relating things to the gospel when teaching our children.
  4. She is super smart. Very intelligent! She is a great problem solver because of it. I am in love with her mind. Unfortunately for her, because of that attribute, I rely on her making most of the decisions, and that is one of the things that is on her “13 things that she does NOT love about me” list.
  5. She is very spiritual and really wants a husband who is too. I hope to grant her that wish someday.
  6. She is beautiful! And I love that she is beautiful even without makeup.
  7. She has some really quirky things that I love about her too. For instance: She is scared of all the water drying up, scared of our drought to death almost; She stays scared after scary movies, kind of like back in Jr. High; The way she rocks side to side when she is nervous (okay, that one I only love when I am not around it); The way she jumps out of her skin when you walk into the room and say something. You can walk in as loud as you can and it still startles her.
  8. I love how she wants to have lots of kids, and even has a desire to do foster care, and even adopt. She really wants to bless children’s lives.
  9. I love that her political beliefs are based on her social conservatism. That her moral beliefs shape her political choices. And that she and I almost always agree politically.
  10. I love that her testimony is built upon the feelings of the Spirit and not based upon the teachings of man. She knows how to confirm her beliefs based on the Spirit and not on blind faith.
  11. I love that she is a small town girl with small town values. She doesn’t have to have expensive things. She is just a humble person who looks for ways to help out where she can.
  12. That when she has had jobs, she has always been at the top in her field. Like when she was in the top 5 in sales for Carnival Cruise Lines, or when she was one of the tops on her team, which always battled the top teams for first in for the University of Phoenix. She is a sales person, as long as she believes in the product.
  13. That she chose to love and believe in someone like me. I love her with all my heart. She is a wonderful woman. I hope she never questions my love.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I think you're right, she is pretty amazing. It is very sweet of you to tell her those things.

The Tanners said...

I think I am pretty lucky too-I have more blessings in my life than I can count, but four I know by name; Nathan, Preston, Tracen and Kelci.