Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Simple Truths

I really enjoyed conference, there was so much said that helped put me at ease with the world right now. I hate election time because it is so doom and gloom all the time. The world is made to look like it is coming to an end and that party is the only one who can save it. Conference really put things in perspective for me. Follow the commandments and that is all you need to do because you can't control what happens tomorrow.

I enjoyed many talks immensely. I love to listen to Monson and loved when he said "do not let a problem to be solved get in the way of someone to be loved." I think that is how he said it-I did write it down. I loved this so much because I really have been thinking a lot about how time flies and we need to just enjoy one another.

I liked the talk in the last session about testimonies and how they are constantly growing and that we do not need to have one "special" experience to prove the gospel without a shadow of a doubt to us. Simple truths.

There were so many good talks this time. I think the older I get the more I get out of conference. I love to have the Spirit in my home for those two days so strongly. It really does make a difference. I love that I feel like I can be a better person after listening to conference. I love the simple parts of the speakers lives that they share and prove to us that they are just as human as we are. It encourages me to do better and try harder.

Anyway, I just really enjoyed the words they shared to help us all. I hope that I can put their ideas and testimonies into action in my life and grow closer to my Father in Heaven.

4 comments:

kh said...

Hi Terra!

You may not remember me, Kristen Hansen, Nate and I went to school together. We met at the park during the ice cream social and had baby girls only days apart. Anyway, it's fun to find your blog! If you don't mind I will "follow" you and add you to my list!

Tell Nate I said hello!

Kristen
mkhansenfam@gmail.com

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Tanners said...

I totally know who you are. Nate will be so glad to have heard from you and we do not mind a bit if you follow us-we will have to follow you as well.
Terra

kh said...

hey terra, so apparently my memory really sucks... i don't have your email address... email me at the one i stated above, and i will send you an invite.

thanx!

i think chatting with you was my sunday highlight!
:0)