Thursday, October 16, 2008

Humbled

A lot has happened in the last week in our lives. Last Saturday I called my Aunt Annette in Apache Junction. I was calling to see if she knew of any jobs that Nathan could apply for down there and if he could stay with her family while he worked if he did find anything down there. She was more than an answer to our prayers. She said that the school she works at needs subs really badly and that other schools in the area do too. They pay almost twice what St Johns does a day. She and my uncle were more than willing to allow our family to stay with them.

To top it off, we had found a family that we really like that was interested in renting our home. We will still pay a portion of our mortgage,but trust them and feel really good about them. They will move in on the first most likely.

It seems as if a week ago nothing was falling into place. Now things are moving along, but in a different direction then I ever imagined. Nathan is still waiting to hear back on a job in St Johns, we are hoping he gets it. But now we have a plan for whatever happens.

I paid four times the amount I usually do on fast offerings last time. I heard that the more you pay the more financially related blessings you will receive. I was really beginning to wonder-not enough faith I am afraid to say. But I am pleased to see the Lord's hand in my life-even if it is opening a different door than I thought.

Leaving makes me sad and I will miss so many things I love so much-people too. But going someplace familiar with people that we love is comforting. We are so blessed!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Terra, I hope it all works out. More and more I feel like Heavenly Father purposely makes it NOT work out the way we plan however righteous we've been. I also think that we are supposed to let others help us. I absolutely hate to let someone else "take care of" what I think should be up to me, but we could have never done so many things without several people. I'm so glad your aunt and uncle are there for you. Keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are moving in a positive direction. It would be fun to have you in AJ...we could visit! Does Nate have his degree? I can keep my ears open for anything around here too.

Michelle and Javier said...

Tell Nate he can work at UOP again! LOL I hope it all works out for you! And I live in AJ too! Maybe you can be in our ward!