Saturday, October 4, 2008

Friends

Last night I said goodbye to a great friend. It got me thinking a lot about people who impact our lives. There are those people that you feel refreshed and charged to take on life after visiting and then there are those that drain you. This friend was the first of the two for me.

She made me want to be a better person in every capacity; wife, mother, friend, daughter and sister. She is a great example of patience and love. She has a very positive outlook on life and a strong testimony. She is a great mom, I love watching her with her kids. My favorite thing about her is she appreciates the little things in life. Things her kids say and do, flowers, small town life and so on.

I hope that when I die people will remember me this way. I want my children to remember me smiling and enjoying life. I want to treasure every cute thing my children say and do. I want to be remembered as a happy person overall. Life is too short to take "forgranite" a little geology joke here:)

So to this friend and her new journey in life-GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to have you home again. I know that people where you are going are blessed to have you and your good heart. Come back often, but enjoy your new home. Thank you for your friendship and influence.

3 comments:

~Merrill ~Millennial Preschool said...

Hi Nathan! Looks like you guys are doing well. I found your blog through Lucia. What cute kids!
~Anna

Michelle and Javier said...

Hey Guys! I found your blog too! How are you doing? Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog :)

Katie said...

You are so, so, so sweet! ofcourse i am only assuming who you are talking about. :) What can I say, except Thank you. You are such a good friend. I am hoping to get a post up tomorrow on Flagstaff. Things are good, but we already miss SJ.