Friday, February 20, 2009

Saying Goodbye

I knew this day was coming for quite sometime, I just didn't expect it to be this hard. We had a very relieving phone call on Sunday. My dad had found a supervisor working at the power plant who needed a house to rent for him and his crew. They were totally willing to pay our entire payment! They even wanted to move in the following Sunday, so we profit one week in February-which we need right now.

So tonight Nate and I have been cleaning and moving and getting everything ready for them. It was really sad to come into SJ and know that I would not be coming home again for a while. I am going to miss the post office that never has a line as long as the one in AJ; Walking into Wilbur's and have them call me by name; The excitement of small town sports and traditions; and last, but definitely not least, my home.

I have a real sadness in my heart as I leave SJ behind and move to the valley. I do feel a little like I am going home, since I am going back to AJ-where Preston was born. I know that I have been blessed and that Heavenly Father is helping my family through our economically difficult times. I do recognize His hand in my life, especially lately. I have been blessed with a great job that does not require me to be away from my children too much, but pays what we need right now. My instructors have been great working with me so I can graduate in May. My aunt and uncle's willingness to open their home to my family. The huge blessing of being relieved of my mortgage payment.

I have so much to be thankful for. I am sad to say goodbye to SJ, but look forward to what the future holds for my family.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

We'll miss you guys and don't forget to COME HOME!! :)

Katie said...

I am SO glad you found renters that can pay your mortgage. That is so wonderful. I know what you mean about leaving SJ. I don't think there is any place like it. But there are great people everywhere. We are so lucky to have the church that gets us instant friends anywhere we move. Good luck with everything and keep posting.

Lucia said...

Hey what ward in AJ? I think AJ is in my stake.

Michelle and Javier said...

Hey! Sorry you had to say goodbye, it's weird saying goodbye, but it's good you found some renters. Oh, and it is Justin and Michelle Hall, they're awesome. Justin joined the army!