Thursday, February 5, 2009

If You Had a Nickel...

So we are doing it again-yup, moving. This time things appear to be working better. Life just never goes as you expect, at least not for us. We are going back to AJ, at least until April. My brother comes home on April 21st-yeah! So we may try and have our own place by then. Thanks for a warm and welcome place to stay Cheney Gang! It will be even more fun this time too since Diana is back!

Nathan is waiting to hear back on many jobs, but one that we are really hoping for that he has been given a hint that they may be calling in the next few weeks. I am in the last stages of interviewing for a job at Red Lobster as a server, but the pay is great and it comes with benefits from day one.

My dad will stay in our house and we will rent our other two rooms out to power plant workers to make our mortgage payment. We have gotten several calls every week from guys wanting to rent a room. This will make it possible for us to actually pay our debts back.

CAC is right behind my aunt's house and they have distance programs through NAU. Nathan can finish his teaching degree and teach at my aunt's school, where he has been subbing, and since it is a title 1 school, they will pay his student loans back. I can finish my business degree there as well.

My instructors are allowing me to do my courses on my own and email my assignments. This way I can still graduate in May. I am so excited! Life is busy right now, but I am counting down the weeks until I graduate.

I finally feel like we are starting to make headway. I just don't want to count my chickens before the eggs hatch, but I finally feel like things are working themselves out now. We shall see. Keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hope it all works out!!! :)

Katie said...

I hate to see you move, but I really, really hope everything works out for you. Will your aunt be able to babysit for you? I am so glad they are willing to help you out. It is good to know there are power plant guys looking for places to rent. In case our renters move on us.

Jaime said...

Oh wow!! Hope everything goes as planned, we'll miss ya in SJ!